18.1.19

What we now need is to learn how to stand on this fire
while my compass that I named fragility
inscribes your power pretty as the little starling
dreaming of getting away from all of this
I dress my sight here in fireflies full on
lanterns of innocent creators unannounced lovers
building dynasties of ritual in wonder

I am vulnerable against your flawless gravity
yet we shatter in skin against the cloudy thought
to stay in peace imprinting desire simple craters
we catch our breath here broken turning
in stillness thoughts stripping us nameless ringing
in tradition with occupying what we can reclaim

Eventually things will make sense - rising
not in the form of the one and only
but in the eternity it took to learn how to trust
once this has all calmed the tide will be slowing
still afraid our moon wounds fall in separation
but whoever I was, whoever you may be
we will carry ourselves center further South
then cast off our aim reaching instincts
condoling in memories meant for the other

HS