16.12.18

It may have been in Bucharest when we met
or some other city further from enough
where we could still ourselves at dawn 
while the carelessness held over

I spoke of one word and
you became of my mind
the way North

I did not need to know
when I woke up to
the quietness exposed

That you would feed me hope chocolate carryons 
love that lengthened every moment

Even though you were mine
I never wondered why
we had to climb these valleys 
with such distance

Off to strengthen 
where one could meet
you left me a dare to plan 
a hesitance of knowing that through my arrival
you would be what mattered indefinitely 

*


Only through these heartened lovers
these darkened covers
did you catch my heart on a whim

With another slight of the wind 
I could have carried off
surprising the moon again

HS